Saturday, August 31, 2013

a car ride and cappuccino!

Earlier this week I had a GREAT start to my day!

I was walking to the bus stop... carrying my air pump for the bicycle that I bought off a returning teacher, which was at school. ...As I was getting to the main road (near the bus stop), the bus that I needed was just driving by. ...D'OH!

I knew I'd have about 10 or 12 minutes to wait for another to come along... but no big deal.

As I was sitting on the bus stop's bench, a little car drove by, slowed down, and reversed.

The window went down... and then I realized that it was Tina! ...The HR person from my school. She's the most amazing woman... nice, genuine, and helped me a TON with my paperwork to get here!

She gave me a ride in to school, which was great... AND we stopped on the way for a cappuccino at a small cafe near school.

Now THAT is how I picture living in Italy to be.

...A wonderful start to the day.

I have had a wonderful beginning to my time here. The school I am at seems great. It will be a lot of work but the people here have been incredibly welcoming and many of them say that they love the library! So far so good...  : )

No comments:

Post a Comment