Sunday, June 7, 2015

traveling in Uzbekistan

The last set of pictures to post from my trip to Uzbekistan...

THIS, shown below, is the STACK of Uzbek som.

Donna helped get som for Jaime and I. The bills shown above paid for the travel agency (hotels and trains), as well as our spending money for the week.


Jaime's response to Donna's email with this photo: "...I totally can't bring the purse I thought I could bring."

We spoke in terms of how many 'bricks' we were going to bring with us for spending money each day. 


HEY!
Jaime and I really enjoyed these HEY! juices throughout the week.
Mmmmmmm the peach juice mmmmmmmm. 

My biggest purchase while in Uzbekistan -- a large, hand-embroidered suzani.
A suzani can be used as a tablecloth, a wall hanging, or a bed cover... I have been using this one as a blanket on my bed. I love the colors and it is so beautifully made.

Donna helped me to purchase this lovely bowl in Tashkent. There were a row of sellers, mostly of paintings, in a park that we walked through and this caught my eye.

My goodies from the trip. I love having reminders of my travels and various cultures and lands from around the world as part of my apartment.

I had a long layover in Istanbul on the way back to Milan.
This little girl was so cute -- I love a good reader!

During the long layover, I was very happy to sit, people-watch, and sip an iced chai latte  : )
Stejia!

No comments:

Post a Comment