Monday, October 26, 2015

Venice, end of June

Sooooo, I'm behind on the blog! Yikes! I have plenty to catch up on. I've made it a goal of mine for the week to make sure that I post.

Finishing up my time with Mom and Aunt Gail in Italy this past summer, we went to Venice (after time in Cinque Terre and Tuscany). I haven't been to Venice in about 6 years, so it was great to get back. We enjoyed walking along the narrow alleys and over canals on the arched bridge-ways... and getting lost. Gorgeous city -- like no other in the world.



Our hotel gave us a free boat ride to Murano Island! We were then given a short tour of the factory and how pieces are made. Finally, we were directed into the showroom and shop... and expected to buy, buy, buy! (I did happily buy two glasses and a pair of earrings.)

We took a tour of this Murano glass factory.
The glass master made a few pieces while we watched and a lady explained in English.

It was amazing to watch this horse being made in just a couple minutes.
The glass master had to complete it in a certain amount of time while the glass was still hot enough to form. Incredible.

Maybe I like Venice so much because of all the doors  ; )

We found this GREAT bookstore! Books were all over -- in bathtubs even!

Taking a walk along the main canal at sunset



No comments:

Post a Comment