- Arriving back to my apartment the first afternoon with luggage in tow, I tan over my big toe with a suitcase as I tried to squeeze everything through the door... the toe is still cut.
- Making the bed with newly washed sheets, I stubbed my second toe (same foot) badly on the corner of the bed.
- ...That toe is now completely red and purple, swollen, and does not want to bend.
- Purchasing local honey from the town's fresh dairy vending machine for little gifts, I tried to buy 3 not realizing that there were only 2 left (...3 euro gift to the vending machine. D'Oh!)
- My bicycle tipped over while filling water bottles at the park today and the chain came off.
- ...Because of the chain on (off!) my bike, I slowly limped home... in the rain.
The good news?? --
Some pieces of me are hurt but nothing too bad!
I fixed the bicycle chain!! First time ever attempting that and I figured it out : )
Tomorrow I leave Milan for a little beach vacation with a friend and a visit to my Italian cousins!
My cousins live in Alba Adriatica - within Abruzzo.
After 3 days with family on the beach, Angela and I will be heading to Verona for a couple nights - where I'll be on my 30th birthday!!
...After that... back to Milan to prepare for another school year at ASM.
A couple Google Maps screenshots of where we'll be. The red marker furthest west is Milan... to the east is Verona... and south is Alba Adriatica!
I hope that when I return to Milan (as a thirty year-old!), Milan will welcome me back kindly, safely, and accident-free. -- Here's to a great second year ahead!