Friday, April 18, 2014

city sights in Roma

After the workshop, I checked into Hotel Nerva Friday afternoon... then took my camera and went for a walk! The first photo below is part of the Roman Forum, which looks like they are still working on excavating the ruins...

I love the sunlight in this photo. (And... I just loved the sunlight that day!)   : )

Just beyond the Roman Forum is the Altare della Patria, including the tomb of the unknown soldier - Il Monumento Nazionale a Vittorio Emmanuele (with eternal flame). This monument is very central in the city and overlooks Piazza Venezia.






I walked around for a while... popped into some shops... bought a pair of golden loafers (truly!)... and then found myself at the Spanish Steps:



The Piazza di Spagna is at the bottom of the steps (where I stood to take the two photos above) and at the top of the staircase is another piazza with a church - Trinita dei Monti.

Interesting new fact that I just read --> The Spanish Steps are the widest staircase in Europe! (Spanish Steps - Wikipedia article)

No comments:

Post a Comment