Sunday, November 23, 2014

Belgium -- churches



The church/buildings shown in the photo above were really interesting to walk by. Mom and Dad read about it in their book earlier in the day and told me the story behind these storefronts built against the entire side of the church. -- Apparently, the people that gave money to help build the church were then able to have a shop here... and they still exist today. (I think that's pretty much how it goes...) I've never seen a church like this before - and almost missed it walking right by! Very cool.

Our last morning in Brussels, I took a walk with Mom and Dad through a different part of the city. I enjoyed it. We went by this great church... I really like the reading statue shown two photos below... :P



Beautiful stained glass inside the church!

Then a nice guy took some photos of the three of us  : )


No comments:

Post a Comment