Monday, June 9, 2014

Nonny in Florence... butterflies

Seeing a butterfly is a symbol for me that my Nonny (grandma) is there with me... whether really there with me or in spirit. My Nonny loved butterflies. I remember her numerous butterfly magnets on the fridge and some that were on the wall... in a hallway in her house and in the bathroom... all over. Especially being in Italy - where her family is from and where so much of our family culture is based - I feel Nonny with me often.

Another street art initiative around Florence are butterflies! What a way to brighten up a city. I love it.

I took only a couple photos of the butterflies - but there were many around the city.



One butterfly was on the ground... and I picked it up to keep and use as a bookmark!

No comments:

Post a Comment