Saturday, October 19, 2013

homemade honey mustard dressing!

My weekend ventures in the kitchen continued yesterday... I made my own honey mustard dressing!

Some ladies at lunch a couple weeks ago were talking about doing so... and how most people probably have the ingredients for it already. ...I did!




Here's how I made it:

1/2 cup Dijon mustard
1/2 cup honey
2 Tbsp. mayonnaise
1 Tbsp. lemon juice
salt, pepper to taste

The lemon juice was a surprise ingredient to me! I didn't realize that would be in honey mustard dressing.

It turned out quite well. I read that it should be able to stay in a closed container in the refrigerator for up to a week. I bought some vegetables at the store yesterday and they're delicious dipped in the dressing!

I also spooned some into a small container to take to school and have with a salad.

: D

4 comments:

  1. Honestly, I think you can keep this dressing refridgerator up to 3 weeks and it would be fine. It sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mmm good! ...Next up... I want to try making Nonny's spicy red dressing! It's in the Lucy recipe book that you gave us! I need to try and find all of the ingredients...

      Delete
  2. My recipe is the same, except that I use a dijon and a yellow mustard to even out the consistency more. I'm a huge honey mustard fan, and I made it for the homemade pretzels I've learned to make.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carrie - I did put in a bit of yellow too! ... and... homemade pretzels?! That's amazing!

      Delete